Search:     Advanced search
Browse by category:
Knowledgebase | Ask a Question |

How can I obtain a headstone or marker?

Article ID: 435
Last updated: 20 Dec, 2013
Revision: 4
Views: 30020

Veterans, active duty members and retired reservists and National Guard members are eligible for an inscribed headstone or marker to mark their grave at any cemetery; national, state veterans or private, delivered at no cost, anywhere in the world. To apply for a headstone or marker for a private cemetery, mail a completed VA Form 40-1330 (available at, Application for Standard Government Headstone or Marker for Installation in a Private or State Veterans Cemetery, and a copy of the veteran's military discharge document and death certificate to Memorial Programs Service (41A1), Department of Veterans Affairs, 5109 Russell Rd., Quantico, VA 22134-3903. Further information may be obtained by calling 1-800-697-6947, or contacting your VFW Department Service Officer.

This article was:  
Prev   Next
How can I receive a burial flag?     How do I enroll for VA health care?