Search:     Advanced search
Browse by category:
Knowledgebase | Ask a Question |

Is there a way to get a list of all the VFW clubs that have a liquor license and serve alcoholic beverages? Our members travel frequently and would like to visit other clubs.

Article ID: 373
Last updated: 28 Aug, 2017
Revision: 4
Views: 9339

A member may utilize the Find a Post feature on to locate a Post in their desired location(s) to inquire on their policy. There is a legend available utilizing this feature that indicates whether or not a Post has reported it has a clubroom.

Please note: The operation, management and control of clubrooms/canteens was never envisioned in the purposes of our organization nor is the operation, management or control of clubrooms/canteens provided for in our Congressional Charter, National By-Laws or Manual of Procedure. In addition to the By-Laws of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, VFW Posts maintaining canteen/clubroom operations serving alcohol beverages are required to comply with all applicable local, county and state regulations pertaining to such operations. In some instances, these regulations do provide for guests, but it is at the discretion of the Post to allow guests entry to their canteen/clubroom. It is a commonly held misconception that membership in the VFW or simply a member of the Armed Forces offers unlimited access to any VFW Post canteen/clubroom operation, but this is simply not true.

This article was:  
Prev   Next
How many trustees are required to be present in order for an...     My family member was a decorated veteran who just passed away....