Search:     Advanced search
Browse by category:
Knowledgebase | Ask a Question |

How do we obtain ammunition for the Post Honor Guard?

Article ID: 365
Last updated: 01 Sep, 2016
Revision: 6
Views: 6876

For the conditional acquisition of government military ammunition, a formal written request, addressed to:

Adjutant General, VFW National HQ

406 W. 34th St.

Kansas City, MO 64111

is to be completed and signed by the contact person who must be either the current Post Commander or Quartermaster. The request is to include that officer's personal mailing address (street number) and phone number as outlined in the Commander's Leadership Manual and Quartermaster Manual.

The request should include the amount of ammo desired The .30 blank ammo (1,240 rounds) is sent in two metal cans in a wooden box. The quantity is limited to two boxes and provided free with no shipping charges.

We, in turn, will verify in writing that your Post is in good standing and forward our letter along with your request to the Joint Munitions Command, Rock Island, Illinois. The Post Officer's signature is required for delivery. Direct submissions to Rock Island will only delay the shipment of ammunition.

This article was:  
Prev   Next
How does the Post obtain Military equipment for static displays?     Will a VFW member be able to come to my school to speak to my...