Search:     Advanced search
Browse by category:
Knowledgebase | Ask a Question |

What action can the Judge Advocate (at all levels) take when a Commander gives an opinion that may be in conflict with the National By-Laws?

Article ID: 208
Last updated: 09 Apr, 2012
Revision: 2
Views: 6575

Among the duties of the Judge Advocate are that he shall give the Commander such legal assistance as may be incidental to his office. In the event the Commander renders an opinion that appears to be incorrect and contrary to the By-Laws, it would be his duty to note his reasons in writing and address it to the Commander.Under the provisions of Section 109 of the Manual of Procedure, any member may appeal a decision of the Department Commander.

This article was:  
Prev   Next
Are National Officers subject to disciplinary action as...     Is it mandatory for the VFW Auxiliary to file a 990 at the end...